I've read thru several of the reviews dating back to last summer before deciding to post my own.

First, I've been tanning at Zoom Tan for the last 2 yrs - but only while in Naples, FL for 3 months each winter. No real complaints. This is my 3rd winter. I was given a $100 gift card for Christmas & figured it would pay for the 2 months (shorter this year), plus some left over. I presented the card when I walked in this year & they took it for the 1st mo pmt. They took my cc info as well. I went to the salon today & tanned. Afterwards, I gave the clerk my gift card/phone & told her I wanted to pay for the March fees. She said I couldn't. I asked why. I had her call to get an answer. I was told the $78 balance was to be used to buy product. I said "I don't want any product, I want to pay for my monthly tanning fee". She said no. I left, went home, & cancelled my membership.

Reading the really fine print, I learned that if you have a monthly membership, you can't use the gift card as pmt. REALLY?? Can't get my head around that one!

Lesson learned - advice to others.... Don't buy a gift card for any more $$ that you intend to spend the first day you go in - period. The fine print says there is an expiration date, but I can't find it. Not on the gift card, not online where you check the balance. Nothing. So I'm fully expecting that it will expire before I return to FL next winter. What an absolute WASTE OF MONEY!

On a brighter note, I find the staff courteous (unless you are trying to do something that "isn't allowed), the salon & beds appear clean to me & we haven't had any wait time to get in a booth. I signed up for the 9 min sessions & have been happy with the color. But I admit I liked last years tanning pkgs better.

All said, I do agree that ZT makes things hard for it's customers. Certainly harder than it needs to be. And sadly, the clerks have no authority for anything. So easy to be a hardass when you are a voice on the phone (corporate).

Review about: Zoom Tan Gift Card.

Reason of review: Gift Card Usage Restrictions.

Preferred solution: Let me redeem my gift card any way I want!.