A little history first.I live in the northeastern part of the country and I have pretty fair skin, I travel to the tropics every Feb or early March to get a break from the seemingly never ending Winter.

February of 2018 was no different, I had made reservations at an all-inclusive resort in Jamaica and would start my base tan a month before flying out. This year I was given a gift card to the tanning pace I've been using for years, I go 3-4 times a week and I'm tanned to the point where I have NO issues with the tropical sun on vacation. However, when I went to begin my month at "my" tanning place, I learned that zoom tan had bought them and would still honor my gift card. I went across the street to zoom tan and the attendant knew nothing of the gift card reciprocity, and stated they ONLY take credit cards.

So, I signed up for the Month because I didn't want to *** around trying to get a refund. I signed up for the "better" plan, which I didn't quite understand anyway, isn't a tan a tan? But anyway, I got the 29.99 a month deal. In the 30 days of my contract, I went to tan on 28 of those days, and on all but one of those 28 days, I went for "the full time".

It was over 2 weeks of tanning before I noticed the slightest but of tan on my skin and by months end, I was nowhere near as tan as I always got in the same time at other salons. They use a fingerprint recognition which doesn't work on my hands, so every visit I had to bring my wallet, take my license from the RFID sleeve, let the attendant scan it and then wait for a bed. If the wait was more than a few minutes, she would have to re scan my license again. I don't think the carpets in the rooms were ever changed during my membership as there was an increasing amount of crystallized road salt on them at each visit, it got so bad, I was temped to leave my shoes on for the last few sessions.

The gift card fiasco was finally figured out, but not before it was too late to credit my account and use the gift card...... Needless to say, by my second day in Jamaica, I was burned on my forehead, ears, nose, neck and shoulders. I'm convinced that Zooms lamps are little more powerful than standing in the bathroom mirror. One final note, if you work for a living, zooms hours are against you.

Only open till 6 on Saturday and Sunday kind of sucked too. In short, if there's a different tanning option available where you live, TRY them before resorting to this poorly run, poorly supported company called zoom.

IF zoom is my only choice next year, I'll go to Walmart, buy a sunlamp and take my chances.It CAN'T be any worse than my experience at zoom tan.

I liked: Most of the attendants.

I didn't like: Hours of operation, Fingerprint scanner which rarely worked, Poor communication regarding gift card redemption, Filthy carpet in the tanning rooms, Constantly broken beds.