Zoom Tan - False Advertising - poor customer service

I signed up for the monthly unlimited spray tan for $39.99 a month (as advertised on their store front) Pic below as evidence.The 2nd month they charged me $49.99, when I went in they claimed that they changed the promotional rate, even though the sign outside still advertised $39.99.

I asked them to just give me a credit on my zoom tan account, which I can only use to buy their product - not even back on my card.

They would not honor it the price as advertised, very frustrating.They would rather lose me as a client long term, than retain me and honor their pricing not very smart business practice.

This review is a subjective opinion of a user.
Report Comment Private message author

More Review Details

Monetary loss:
Product or service
Tanning Membership
Review category
Health and Beauty
review #502357 by

Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more

Had an experience with Zoom Tan? Submit review ›
Helpful? 21 Yes 21 1 No 1
Had the same issue 5 Yes 5
Comment as anonymous As anonymous or Log in
OR Is it your business? Respond to your
customers as verified company representative.
Apply for a Free Plan

Oct 17, 2014 #886120

Do you have an actual contract where you were locked in at the $39.99 rate? Even if not, if the signage says $39.99, they should honor what they are advertising, especially to keep a customer.

2 1 Reply

Oct 17, 2014 #886105 Syracuse, New York

The one in N. Syracuse NY has friendly people working there. They do need to change their bulbs though.

2 1 Reply

Jul 04, 2014 #836073 Erie, Pennsylvania

The spray tan is wonderful! The service sucks!

1 1 Reply

Jul 04, 2014 #836072 Erie, Pennsylvania

I am a client at the Zoom Tan in Erie PA. horrible customer service! Almost every time I've been there I have had to wait an unreasonable amount of time. Or the employee has been RUDE and or has NO CLUE! It is far too much of a work load for one person to handle. Come on Zoom Tan step up to the plate put another employee on to provide service that we are paying for. Stop being so greedy!

3 0 Reply

Aug 10, 2014 #854285 Syracuse, New York

Zoom is owned by Tom Golasonio, a billionaire. Word in the business world is that he just opening these zoom tans for a tax write off.

4 2 Reply

Apr 27, 2015 #977348

yes it is

1 0

Nov 05, 2015 #1058724

Then stop going there if you hate it so much!

0 1 Reply

May 19 #1161820

Omg Tony

2 0 Reply
Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.

× You are about to contact PissedConsumer.com

Review submitted through "Contact Us" will not get published on the site or forwarded to Zoom Tan. However, many companies do monitor reviews on our site.

You were reading a complaint about Zoom Tan.
Filing a new complaint about